Tuesday 8 November 2011

The anorexic mother who weighs less than her daughter, 7 Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2058761/Anorexic-mother-Rebecca-Jones-weighs-daughter-Maisy-7.html#ixzz1cwHmxwli


At first glance they might be  sisters, but look again at this startling picture.
They are, in fact, a 26-year-old mother and her daughter.
After suffering from anorexia for half her life, Rebecca Jones weighs five stone – less than her seven-year-old daughter, Maisy.

Anorexic mother Rebecca Jones, right, who weighs less than her seven year old daughter Maisy, left

And her terrifyingly thin frame is exacerbated by the contrast when they wear identical clothes.
The medical secretary survives on soup, toast and energy drinks – even though doctors have warned her the lack of nutrients could kill her. At the same time she encourages 5st 9lb Maisy to enjoy chocolate and cupcakes.
Miss Jones, who at 5ft 1in is eight inches taller than her daughter, said: ‘Wearing the same clothes as Maisy gives me a sense of pride. It’s wrong, but it makes me feel good. I don’t think I’m thin – I always see myself as bigger.’

No comments: